Tuesday, December 13, 2011

One of my fall projects

This fall Jon and I wanted to wax some fall leaves. Because of the warm weather, the leaves didn't turn vibrant colors like they usually do, but we got a lot of nice ones on a hike up Mount Major.  I used paraffin wax and it worked great.
dipping the leaves in the wax
 putting them on wax paper to dry
 I wanted to decorate our preschool room at church so I decided to do a tree. I made the trunk and branches out of a big roll of brown paper and then just stuck our waxed leaves all coming out of the branches. I made some big leaves out of construction paper and put the names of the children in the class on them. The kids loved the tree and were so interested in it.


It's about time to change it to a winter theme, but I haven't gotten around to that yet!

1 comment: