Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Fry Fest Night

 A couple of weekends ago, Jon and I wanted to do, what we called, a fry fest. We made mozzarella sticks(http://tastykitchen.com/recipes/appetizers-and-snacks/mozzarella-sticks-3/), risotto croquettes (http://www.recipegirl.com/2007/02/20/risotto-croquettes-with-mozzarella-prosciutto/), and onion rings (http://www.quick-and-easy-dinner.com/beer-batter-onion-rings.html I used cooking wine instead of beer).  This was my first time frying food and I didn't want to smell up the kitchen, so I decided to use an electric skillet outside to heat up the oil. It wasn't ideal, but it got the job done. It was cold and windy out, so the oil temperature kept dropping. Jon did all the frying, so he dealt with that frustration. My favorites were the risotto croquettes. They are stuffed with mozzarella (I left out the prosciutto) and were absolutely amazing. The mozzarella sticks were the perfect crunchiness, and the onion rings tasted just like they should. It was fun to try, but I probably won't be frying stuff again anytime soon. I could feel my arteries cloggging.
 Here are some before and after pictures. 




No comments:

Post a Comment